Police Department Records Section Public 
9110 Yates St.
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday through Friday

Purchase a traffic accident reports

Copies of police reports can be obtained online, in person or by sending a written request.

Colorado State Law allows for victims of crimes covered under the Victim Rights Amendment (VRA) to receive a copy of the  initial police report for free. The VRA refers to crimes against a person, as opposed to property crimes.  Victims requesting any report should contact the Records Division  at 303-658-4380 to see if the report they are requesting is available for release. Under State Law, not all police reports are able to be released. 

Online Request

Visit the Public Records Portal to submit a new criminal justice records request.


In-Person Reports
Westminster Public Safety Center
9110 Yates St.
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

If you request your report in person, you will need to complete a Search Request  for each report, provide identification and pay the report fee for each report (VISA/Mastercard, cash or money order). Officers have up to 72 hours to complete their police reports. The length of time it takes to process your request depends on the size of the report. 

Written Request
If submitting a written request, please contact the Records Section.

  • Complete a Search Request The search request form needs to be filled in with the report number(s), date, location of incident, involved parties, and requires the requester's signature.
  • Once the search request has been completed, please submit it with the payment in the amount of the report fee. (Please call Records for specific pricing information.)
  • Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.

Requests are processed on a daily basis.
Your request should be mailed to:
Westminster Police Department
Attn: Records Section
9110 Yates St. 
Westminster, CO 80031

Per Colorado Bureau of Investigation policy, as of November 1, 2018 physical fingerprint cards will no longer be accepted or processed.

Applicants will be required to pre-enroll and schedule an appointment tohave their fingerprints taken and submitted electronically to CBI forprocessing utilizing the IdentoGO enrollment site. To better serve all Coloradocitizens, enrollment sites have been strategically placed throughout Colorado.

CBI Fingerprint Information

IdentoGo's Website

Property Evidence - 303-658-4450

Monday-Tuesday 8am-5pm

Wednesdays - CLOSED

Thursday-Friday 8am-5pm

Lost Items

If you would like to find out if a lost item has been turned in, call 303-658-4450. You must provide your name, date of birth, phone number, description of the item(s), and the location where the item(s) may have been lost. 

Picking Up Property

Property is released by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, call 303-658-4450. You must provide your name, date of birth, phone number, and the item(s) you wish to collect. A valid state-issued photo ID or driver's license is required. 

If you were arrested by WPD, and an officer booked your property for safekeeping because the jail would not accept it, that property will be held for 30 days.

Picking Up Property For Another Person

You may collect the property of a juvenile if you are the juvenile's parent or legal guardian.

If you are picking up property for another adult, you will need a valid state-issued photo ID and (A) a signed and notarized letter from the person who owns the property or was in possession of it when it was collected that states specifically what item(s) you are authorized to pick up or (B) A notarized Power of Attorney from the person who owns the property or was in possession of it when it was collected that states specifically what item(s) you are authorized to pick up.


Firearms cannot be released until a background check through CBI has been completed. CBI requires possession of a valid Colorado ID or driver's license. If your background check is approved, you will be notified and we will then schedule an appointment for the release of your firearm(s). The background check typically takes 3-5 business days. 

If you are denied possession of a firearm by CBI, you may appeal the denial with CBI.

The Westminster Police Department does not provide VIN inspections. Please contact the State Patrol Office at 303-239-4545.

Colorado Revised Statue (CRS) 24-72-306 allows for criminal justice agencies to assess reasonable fees for criminal justice records requests.  Please see our fee schedule below.

162 Schedule of Fees.png