Homepage > Government > Departments > City Clerk > Liquor Licenses

Liquor Licenses

New Liquor License General Information

In addition to obtaining a General Business/Sales and Use Tax License, which can be obtained using our online portalbusinesses that will be selling/serving liquor are also required to obtain the appropriate Liquor License. 

There are several different types of Liquor Licenses (see fee schedule):

  • Art
  • Beer & Wine
  • Brew Pub
  • Club
  • Distillery Pub
  • Hotel & Restaurant
  • Liquor-Licensed Drugstore
  • Lodging & Entertainment
  • Optional Premises
  • Retail Liquor Store
  • Tavern 
  • Vintner's Restaurant
  • FMB and Wine Retail 
  • FMB Off Premises or On Premises

For a description of each type of license refer to the Colorado Liquor Code Part 4.

To Apply for a liquor license:

To apply for a new or transfer a liquor license, please select the appropriate tile below for the entity type. If you will be applying as a partnership or as an individual, please contact the Clerk’s office.

In addition to the items listed on the checklist, appropriate state application form(s) are required. You will find links to those forms under the State Forms tile.

  • New applications requires a completed City Zoning Verification form.
  • A transfer application packet requires competed Wholesale Affidavits (completed by the previous owner’s alcohol vendors)  and the Temporary permit forms.
  • A scanned copy of a complete application can be emailed to licensing@westminsterco.gov or one copy of the completed application packet must be submitted to the City Clerk’s office first for review and local approval.
  • Payment of fees are required to be submitted with the application packet.  If application is scanned, please mail city payment to: City of Westminster, ATTN City Clerk's office, 4800 W 92nd Avenue, Westminster CO 80031.  State payment can be made via check and mailed along with the city payment or on the state's payment portal.

Please contact the City Clerk’s office in person, by phone 303-658-2161 or at licensing@westminsterco.gov for any questions.


For specific Westminster liquor licensing requirements, refer to Title V, Chapter 14 of the Westminster Municipal Code.